Friday, March 19, 2010

The Fall

The Fall

By: Norah Jones
Reviewed by: Felicity T., 16
Rating: It was amazing!


So - I'm sure you've seen the cover of the latest Norah Jones album around in department stores and book/music shops at one time or another. It was practically everywhere around the 2009 holiday season! In a fit of attempted sophistication, I advised my little brother to buy it for my mom for Christmas. I thought, "Hey, this is a good gift, she likes Norah Jones.... I like Norah Jones!" With that, the deal was sealed, and I was completely right about the CD when my mom pulled it out of its wrapping paper on Christmas. The funny thing about the whole story is that now, three months later in March, I'm the one who hogs the album!

The contents of "The Fall" are a varied and pleasant collection, mostly on themes of love, romance, brokenness, and renewal. Here's the playlist:
1. Chasing Pirates
2. Even Though
3. Light As a Feather
4. Young Blood
5. I Wouldn't Need You
6. Waiting
7. It's Gonna Be
8. You've Ruined Me
9. Back To Manhattan
10. Stuck
11. December
12. Tell Yer Mama
13. Man Of The Hour

Having enjoyed Jones's classics from 2002 and 2004, "Come Away With Me," and "Feels Like Home," I was prepared to FALL in love with her latest, "The Fall." (Did you catch that pun?) Beyond cheesy humor, I really have to say that this is one of my favorite albums yet - I've listened to the songs a hundred times! In this collection, Jones uses more synthetic and electric sounds than in some of her previous ones, but she still maintains a personal, heartfelt, pleading tone in every song. My personal favorites are "Young Blood," "Even Though," and "Man Of The Hour."


Recommended to:

No comments: