Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Once Upon a Marigold

Once Upon a Marigold


By: Rachel Maude
Reviewed by: Lizzie, 17
Rating: Really liked it


Christian (who lives with a troll name Ed) is always curious about the stuff around him, especially once he starts spying on Princess Marigold.

The tagline of the book is this: Part Comedy. Part love story. Part everything -but the kitchen sink.

That fits the whole story in general. This by far is the most funniest, and enjoyable book ever. Each character has a personality that is unique in the story. When I read it, I couldn't stop laughing, and I couldn't put it down! What I love about it most, is that it didn't have NO cussing, and no sexual preferences. That's a problem when I read teen books, it usually goes overboard.

What I like about the characters in the story, is that they are humorously protrayed well. However, at the same time, they still maintain there individuality. Usually you don't find this in traditional fairy tales. The narration moves smoothly, and maintins it's tone. As you are reading, you can imagine the character's face expressions....like if you were seeing it as a movie. That's how good it is. The plot has many twist and turns, that's what makes the story what it IS.

Overall, for being a fairy tale book, it has originality. I suggest you read it! =)


Recommended to: Anyone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE BOOK !!