Monday, November 2, 2015

Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon


Reviewed By: Trina N.
By: Cara Chow
Rating: It was amazing!

Takes place in the late 1990s in San Fransisco. This story is about a Chinese girl named Francis who lives with her mother. Her mother is very strict as she pushes Francis to get into UC Berkely and become a doctor so Francis can take care of her mother. Francis is okay with her mother's wishes. However, when Francis stumbles across a speech class, she realizes that speech is her hidden talent and that she can use words for power. And for once, Francis thinks about her own opinions. I really love this book because I'm an Asian American and I can relate to Francis about the pressure about getting good grades and getting into a good college. I highly recommend this book.


I would recommend this to: Anyone over 13. Asian-American girls especially.



No comments: