Monday, June 15, 2015

The Tale of Desperaux

The Tale of Despereaux: Being the Story of a Mouse, a Princess, Some Soup, and a Spool of Thread


Reviewed By: Amanda S.
By: Kate DiCamillo
Rating: It was amazing!

Despereaux was a mouse who was not expected to live. All the others in the litter died, and Despereaux was born with his eyes open. Named "despair" by his mother, he was immediately an outcast. He'd rather read books than eat them and listen to music than behave like a normal rodent. Then the unspeakable happens: he falls in love with a human princess. This is the story of a mouse, a princess, some soup, and a spool of thread. My grandmother used to read me this book all the time, until I got old enough to read it myself and fell in love with it all over again. It's a charming story with great narration and a few illustrations throughout. I enjoyed it as a child and I still enjoy it now, so I would suggest it to anyone who enjoys a good book.


I would recommend this to: Children, teens, and adults (maybe)



No comments: