Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bomb in a Birdcage

Bomb in a Birdcage


By: A Fine Frenzy
Reviewed by: Kait, 17
Rating: It was amazing!


Guys. I'm actually going to do a serious review of this one. I know, I'm surprised too. But bear with me, we'll see how this goes (AKA, we'll see how long I can go before lapsing into sardonic commentary and sarcastic anectdotes. Don't whine like that.)

"Bomb in a Birdcage" is A Fine Frenzy's second album, and you can see how Alison Sudol has grown over the years between this album and her first. While "One Cell in the Sea" was very topical and poppy, relying mostly on straight-up piano with soft lyrics, in this second album Sudol experiments a bit more with synthesized harmonies and different kinds of lyrical arrangement.

The result?

Way cool.

The album has all of "One Cell in the Sea"'s classic, adorable characteristics that come part and parcel with Alison Sudol's style. In other words, the music makes you melt. SO. DANG. CUTE.

My favorite thing about the album is how completely calming it is. You can be completely upset, frazzled, stressed, or ready to jump off the deep end, and her music will just calm you down. It's incredible.

Now I'm not gonna lie, if you're not a girl you PROBABLY won't care for this very much. It's ridiculously feminine. So boys, deal with it.

That's all! I made it! No sarcasm! Who is proud of me?

Peace kids <3

Recommended to: Teenagers. Girls. Fans of good music. The like.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Can't wait to listen to it!

Kait said...

It's amazing Connie - and her other album, "One Cell in the Sea" is just as amazing :) :) :)