Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Shutter Island

Shutter Island


Directed by: Martin Scorsese
Reviewed by: Jerry, 15
Rating: Didn't like it


The movie definitely could have a potentially good storyline, but in my opinion the ironic twist in the ending messed the whole movie up. Moreover, is not as scary as I thought it would be- just a lot of mysteries. The movie is definitely a disappointment to me. Even though I borrowed the movie from Redbox for a dollar, I would rather have the money back and buy a Hershey bar instead.

The movie is about two U.S. Marshal who visit a mental hospital for the insanity in an island called Shutter Island because of the disappearance of a patient named Rachel Solando. As the movie goes on, more mysteries are uncovered and more surprises emerged. The movie had me for about more than an hour then something terrible happens- an ironic twist. In my opinion, an ironic twist can truly make a movie better, as in the movie Angel and Demon, but in the case of the movie Shutter Island, it didn't.


Recommended to: people that love Leonardo Dicaprio's film

No comments: