Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Shatter Me

Shatter Me

By: Tahereh Mafi
Reviewed By: Amanda S.
Rating: I really liked it.

I really enjoyed this book series. It was the perfect mix of romance, rebellion, and adventure. Forget Hunger Games, this is the best YA dystopian book I've ever read. It's about Juliette, a 17 year old with the power to suck the life out of any living thing with her touch, who's forced to work for the government as a human weapon. The writing style itself isn't that great, and the excessive use of "strikeout" is irritating, but I feel the plot makes up for it. Any more would give it away, and a lot of people had very differing opinions regarding this book, so I encourage people to read it for themselves. Would keep it 14+ though, for being a bit... racy at parts.

I would recommend this to: Teens



No comments: