Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Viva La Vida


By: Coldplay
Reviewed by: Teralyn E., 15
Rating: It was alright...


This CD was the first that I had listened to from Coldplay, and I chose it because it had one of my favorite songs (Chinese Sleep Chant) and a few others that I was familiar with (Viva La Vida, Strawberry Swing).

I was expecting this CD to be very upbeat, like most of the Coldplay songs I had heard before, and I was unaware of the additional title (Death and All His Friends) and didn't assume form that that it would have a slight darker aspect to it.

I really liked the CD, anyway, even though a couple of the songs sound depressing. The theme behind the music is Life and Death. One could also say it's about rebirth, or starting anew.

Lost! is about hope, Cemeteries of London and Death & All His Friends are both about sorrow and loss. The songs contrast one another, some are dark, and others are very light.

I did enjoy some songs more than others, but they fit together well when you look at the theme. All in all, it was a good CD.

Recommended to: 13 +, Rock fans, Coldplay fans, Fans of Songs with Meaning

No comments: