Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Jellicoe Road

Jellicoe Road


By: Melina Marchetta
Reviewed by: Esther, 13
Rating: It was amazing!


"What do you want from me?" he asks. What I want from every person in my life, I want to tell him. More.... from the book Jellicoe Road

I want to start off first by saying that Jellicoe Road was an amazing well written book, though I found it a bit boring in the beginning. The book centers a 17-year old girl,Taylor Lily Markham (leader of the boarding school), and her adventures as she tries to discover and make sense of her past ( the hermit who whispered in her ear before he killed himself, why her mother abandoned her at a 7/11 store, the boy she always dreams about, the five kids who lived on Jellicoe Road eighteen years ago, etc)with a boy who knows her better than she does, Jonah Griggs (leader of the Cadets), and another guy named Chaz Santangelo(leader of the Townies),in hopes to change the future.And as the leader of the boarding school, she struggles with the Territory Wars agains the townies and the cadets. I don't want to give away too much of what happens, but I just want to say that this book is a must read .


Recommended to: teens

No comments: